Gabriel Cardenas Jr., DPM is a native of Southern Illinois and alumnus of Maryville University-St. Louis where he graduated with honors.
He received his doctorate from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science.
His post-doctoral training included a three-year surgical residency in Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery at SSM DePaul Health Center in St. Louis, Missouri where he served as Chief Resident.
DePaul Health Center Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Residency
- Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Surgery
Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine
- Doctor or Podiatric Medicine
Honors, Awards, Certifications:
- Chief Resident DePaul Health Center Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Residency 2012
- Stryker Podiatry Resident Training Course 2013
- Ankle Arthroscopy Course 2012 and 2013
- Podiatric Tendon Transfer Course 2013
- ACFAS Advanced Forefoot Arthrodesis Course 2011
- ACFAS Advanced Rearfoot Arthrodesis Course 2011
- AO Basic Podiatric Surgical Course 2011
- AO Advanced Podiatric Surgical Course 2013
- National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners Part I, II and III
- Missouri Board of Podiatric Medicine Permanent License, 2013, Number: 2013001935
Research and Lectures:
- Calcaneal fractures proper reduction techniques for Essex Lopresti Type A and B patterns-2013 DePaul Podiatric Residency
- Peroneal Tendon Repair a Case Study-2013 DePaul Podiatric Residency
- Idiopathic Bone Marrow Edema of the Lower Extremity a Case Study-2012 DePaul Podiatric Residency
- Osteoporosis and Podiatric Implications-2010 DePaul Podiatric Residency
Activities and Professional Societies:
DePaul Health Center Residency
- APMA Young Member’s 2010-2013
- ACFAS 2010-2013
- ACFAOM 2010-2013
Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine
- member of ACFAS, Student Chapter – 2006-2010
- member of AAPPM 2006-2010
- member of AAPSM 2006-2010
- member of KTE, instructed Podiatry in Spanish Lecture Series
- member of APMA 2006 – 2010
Current Hosptial Priviliges:
- SSM St Clare Health Center
- Now also treating patients at Anderson Hospital, Maryville, IL.
Fluent in Spanish!